Saturday 8 November 2008

NS rear wing welding nears completion...

Had a day off work to try and complete the NS rear wing welding. Fitted the inner arch which went quite well. Discovered another source of warping the panel. Puddle welding the wheel arch edges causes to much heat to go into the panel and causes distortion. IF I ever do another one I'll find a better way to weld this seam. Hopefully some shaping will cover it up.
I am very close to a major milestone. Welding is almost complete. I can think of only one more small job which is the NS front wing shield top piece.
Next is painting the underneath. Can't say I'm looking forward to this tedious job...

1 comment:

Robert said...

The mesh is overlapped at the lateral seam. As seen in the video, the outside welds are performed first, followed by the seam to finish the assembly. Welding Training Classes