Saturday 29 November 2008

Heelboard brace replacement

During wire brushing I found rot in the heelboard brace so it had to go!
Ordered a replacement panel from Mech Spec and used the spot weld removing drill bit to get the old panel off.
Removing the panel will also give me easier access to that last bit of underseal on the tunnel that you can see in the image.
After removing the rusty panel I cleaned up the rear underside of the shell and painted from the rear valance to about the rear axle using the Epoxy Mastic 121. It was -1C when I started and 0.1C when I finished! Therefore I have a fan heater and halogen lamp keeping the garage & painted panel a few degrees above the dew point.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

test message to alex

Unknown said...

That was my first ever blog!! Hey the car is starting to look great but thought you were going to publish some showing the painted floor. Look forward to seeing them

Alex said...

Glad to see that you've mastered the Blogging!
Pics of the underfloor painting are now up!
I've even gone back and done the inside of the battery boxes and tunnel at Robins request!