Tuesday 25 November 2008

Floor Painting

After reaching the huge milestone of completing the welding, it's now on to preparing and painting the underneath and floor.
I've looked long and hard at various paints and coatings for the underneath. I definitely didn't want to reapply underseal after my great time and effort spent removing the old stuff.
I've settled on an epoxy primer (Epoxy Mastic 121 from Rustbuster). This is a two part system with no nasty isocyanides. It also comes in a few colours so I went for a red to complement the tartan red that the MGB is going to be painted.
Each area to be painted requires degreasing, electric wire brushing, degreasing again and then the paint. I also have to carefully plan the painting as it is winter, my garage is not heated and therefore I must check the humidity before applying any paint.
So here we have before, during and after pics of the MGB floor.

No comments: